[jp] backup fails with "caught signal SIGCHLD"

  • Paul Broadhead misclist_1 at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
    Thu Jan 6 14:19:51 EST 2005

    "David A. Desrosiers" <hacker at gnu-designs.com> wrote:

    > > appending [J9 MIDP Bundle.prc]
    > > caught signal SIGCHLD
    >
    > 	Known "illegal" file with larger-than-allowed resources.

    OK, and thanks for your explanation.

    > > I tried using the backup settings to exclude these databases from
    > > teh backup but I could not get this to work.
    >
    > 	Which backup were you using? jpilot-backup? Did you exclude
    > them by name? Or CreatorID?

    I've been trying both the built in backup and Jason Day's Backup plugin
    (v 0.51).  Of course, both show the problem as, as you explained, the
    issue is in pilot-link.  Agreed, may be they could fail more noisily...
    I'll pick up my problems with the exclude/include lists of the backup
    plugin separately.

    > > I've checked the mail archive but I could not find mention of the
    > > "caught signal SIGCHLD" message from jpilot.
    >
    > 	The pilot-link bugtracker has probably a dozen of these
    > reports filed, all because of the same problem, and all with the same
    > results.

    My apologies, I should have cast my search wider; what can I say, it
    was late were I live and I should have gone to bed much earlier!

    Regards,
    Paul